What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Monday, July 27, 2009

The Devil Inside By Jenna Black

Tittle: The Devil Inside
Author: Jenna Black
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

So I was walking around Borders one day thinking to myself that I wasn't going to by any books. Yeah right. Who knows me to go into a bookstore and not walk out with at least 4 or 5 books. So while looking at the books I picked this one up and read the back it had a interesting premise.

Morgan Kingsley is a demon exorcist that is called into to exorcise a demon from an 8 year old girl. Once that has been accomplished the folks that called on Morgan to help believe she herself is possessed however she asks that another exorcist be called in and she is cleared. Morgan leaves and the story begins.

Morgan begins to find strange notes written in her handwriting upon walking up. Telling her that someone is inside her. Morgan doesn't believe the notes and goes to her friend for help. Morgan begins to dream upon falling asleep and meets Lugh who she finds out has invaded her body but can not control her while she is awake. Uncommon for demons who possess humans. What Morgan finds out is the demon that possesses her is the King of the Demons, Lugh.
The story progresses with Morgan trying to find out who would want the Demon to be stuck in a humans body.


I thought the story had a good baseline and developed nicely. The only thing is at times I thought some of the story could have been left out as it did not really have any backing in the whole Demon possession story. With that in mind I do feel it is a good book and an enjoyable story line.

No comments: