What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris


Title: Dead Until Dark
Author: Charlaine Harris
Rating: 4 out of 5 started

I originally picked this book up a year ago and never read it. I gave the book to a friend and thought nothing of it until I started watching the HBO show True Blood and found out that it was based on the series by Charlaine Harris. So I purchased a box set of the books. Books 1-6 I believe. Usually I like to read the books first that a show is based on but I did it in reverse order. For all you True Blood fans season one closely follows book one in the series.

Dead Until Dark you meet Sookie Stackhouse a young girl living in Bon Temps and working as a waitress. However, Sookie is not your average girl. Sookie possesses a power that allows her to hear what people are thinking. This causes Sookie to viewed as an outcast. Sookie's life is thrown upside down when she meets a gentleman by the name of Bill Compton. He is different then the others in town for the fact that Sookie can't hear his thoughts. The world is quiet when she is around him. Sookie soon finds out that Bill is not your average man, he is a vampire.

Sookie soon falls in love with Bill and together work to solve the mystery of the murders being committed in Bon Temps. While trying figure out who is behind the killings Sookie is asked by another vampire, Eric, to help find out who is stealing from him. Eric knows of Sookies powers and wants to use her to help him out.

Harris does a good job of tying all the story lines together by the end of the book. She keeps the story going and makes the reader look forward to the next adventure in Sookie's life.

No comments: