What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Demons Not Included by Cheyenne McCray

Title: Demons Not Included
Author: Cheyenne McCray
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Demons Not Included is the first book in a new series for McCray. This being the first book I have read by McCray I was impressed how she the story flowed and each aspect of the characters presented will fleshed out in the story line. McCray introduces you to a half-human half-Drow woman named Nyx During the day when she does most of her work with the human world she is a blonde haired human nothing out of the norm. However at night Nyx becomes as she states it several times an amethyst (NOT PURPLE)-skinned, dark-haired Drow.

Nyx gets her strong will and strength from her dad and her daytime human form from her mother. The difference between Nyx and other Drow is she would rather live in the human realm and she is a female warrior. Nothing that the male drow's look favorably on.

While in the human realm she finds that others are being killed by a demon and with the help of her co-worker and a cute police officer who knows about the paranormal they set out to find out who is committing the murders.

McCray's writing grabbed me from the beginning of the story and had me routing for Nyx and her cute cop friend. The story never got dull with me and at the end had me wanting the next book in the series to be out. I hope the wait for the next book in the series is not a long one as I want to continue the story McCray has started for Nyx.

This book has everything in it that I could ask for love and romance, mystery and action. Great job by Cheyenne McCray


No comments: