What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Title: Living Dead in Dallas
Author: Charlaine Harris
Rating: 4 out 5 stars


Just when Sookie thinks things are settling down for her and Bill she is requested actually demanded to go to Dallas by Eric Sookie agrees to go as long as Bill is there with her. And so the next adventure in Sookie’s life begins.

Upon arriving in Dallas an attempt is made to capture Sookie but is unsuccessful. After getting to the hotel and checking in Sookie discovers that there are other telepaths in the world. She is not alone. When meeting with the vampires of Dallas Sookie comes to learn her job. There is a vampire missing and they want Sookie to find out if the fellowship of the light is responsible. Teaming up with her is a man by the name of Hugo who is also dating a vampire.

What happens next can come as a surprise to the reader. This book was a nice sequel to the first in the series Dead Until Dark. Harris does a great job of keeping the same characters prominent in the book while telling a new story building on the last book.

The only problem I had is if you are watching the series True Blood you will find the similarities of the first season and the first book end just there. Season two is based loosely around book two.

I recommend that one read this series as just that a book series not a series that a tv show is based on less you maybe disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this series. I heart Eric :)

I just saw the season finale. I won't say too much here; don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. All I'm going to say is "finally!!!" and "huh?". That makes total sense, right? LOL

But you are right; the TV show is very different from the series. But it's like new Sookie adventures so I'm cool with it.