What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Autism and Me Siblings Stories by Ouisie Shapiro and photos by Steven Vote

Title: Autism and Me Siblings Stories
Author: Ouisie Shapiro
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Autism and me is a wonderful way to introduce people no matter what their age to individuals with Autism. Each page in the book is a short story written by a sibling who has a brother or sister with Autism. Each child shares how they view Autism and what it means to them.

So many times people are afraid of the unknown. And individuals with Autism act differently then those individuals that do not have Autism. Some children may not talk, while others exhibit behaviors while in restaurants or malls. The children in this book show a better understanding and acceptance for Autism.

Ouisie Shapiro did a wonderful job of getting the stories from the families and presenting them in this book. Definite must read for children and adults.

No comments: