What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


The Forest of Hands and Teeth is a well written book. Ryan does a wonderful job of telling the story of the various characters in the book. The story primarily focuses on Mary a young girl who loses both her mother and father to the Unconsecrated. First her father and then her mother. When her mother is turned Mary's brother writes her off. He blames her for letting her mother decide to enter the Forest of Hands and Teeth rather then being killed. Once this happens Mary is shipped to the Cathedral to become one of the sisters.

While at the Cathedral Mary does a lot of looking into the Unconsecrated and learns there is more to the outside world then the Sisters want people to know.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth is not only suspenseful but has an underlying love story.
How far will Mary go to see the ocean that her mother talked about? How much will she risk to see the ocean? Ryan has you routing for Mary through out the book.
Ryan also leaves the reader asking themselves what would you do if you were faced with a world and the Unconsecrated?
I give this book 5 oout of 5 stars.

No comments: