What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Astonishing Adventures of Fan Boy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga


Title: The Astonishing Adventures of Fan Boy and Goth Girl
Author: Barry Lyga
Rating 5 out of 5 stars

Meet Fanboy a high school student who well like most his age dislike school. He doesn't have many friends and the one friend he has doesn't hang out much with him in public. Fan boy feels he is all alone especially since his mother is pregnant with the child of his step dad whom he can't stand.

Fanboy spends his time reading comics and working on one of his own. Then one day he meets Kyra also known as Goth Girl. She too dislikes school and the jocks that go with it. And an added bonus for fan boy is that Kyra likes comics too.

Barry Lyga weaves a great story of the struggles in high school and how with a friend you can overcome it. I must say he also has such great detail that you can picture the things he is saying. for example when he described dodgeball in gym I could literaly in my head see the game going on.

I enjoyed reading this book and am looking forward to reading more by Barry. And I must add He is really nice to talk to. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to speak with Barry when I attended the Book Expo America back in May.

No comments: