What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Family Florida Vacation Day one



Okay so we all landed safely yesterday, checked into the hotel and relaxed. While relaxing at the hotel I came to realize I had forgotten one important piece of equipment... my cell phone charger... not a good thing as I watch my battery life drain. As many of you know my cell phone is a life line to the outside world and my friends. One can often find me texting people to stay in touch. So far I have had to have my phone off more then it is on. Not a fun thing for me. This morning began at 7:30am with breakfast at the food court at the hotel where I decided I was going to see if my wonderful friend taking care of my cat could overnight my cell phone charger. So when it got later in the morning and we are at Magic Kingdom I called her and she is the best she said she would do it for me. (Jen you rock) with that crisis almost resolved on to the rest of the day.

Day one: Magic Kingdom and Dinner at the Wilderness lodge.
We arrived at Magic Kingdom before it opened so we were able to catch the morning show they put on to open the park. It was cute. Once in the park we went to the rides. My two nieces and I began with the ride snow whites scary adventure. Scary for one niece not for the other. Then we decided to split from the family for a little while. The two girls and i made our way to frontier land on the way stopping to go on It's a Small World and Haunted Mansion.

Entering into frontier land the girls went on Thunder mountain and Splash mountain. Got to chat with a very nice employee there while waiting for the rest of the family to show up as that is where they said they were coming next. However, that all changed and the girls and I had to venture over to Tomorrowland to meet up with the group.

We ended our day with dinner at the Wilderness Lodge where the waiters were hysterical. they began by throwing straws on the table and napkins. Ten minutes into dinner we all had to get up and do the hokey pokey. As they were having us stand up my dad was finishing his salad and the waiter came over and shouted "put the fork down the food isn't going anywhere." After that one of my nieces asked for ketchup and the table that had it last brought over about 20 bottles of ketchup to our table which we then had to deliver to the next table that asked for ketchup. Also during this meal the younger kids got to go on a horse ride using the wooden horse head on a stick. It was a great evening and a fun evening which helped lift the spirits of my family as we were all getting tired and cranky. Yes I know only day one and we were already cranky can you imagine day 7...lol.

No comments: