What to expect when visitng my blog...

I would like to take a minute and share with you what to expect when looking over my blog. This page is an opportunity to share with others what I like to do in my spare time. These activities range from reading, which I need to do more of (have a mountain of books to conquer and I still buy more =)...) making my own greeting cards, ornaments and more.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready (book 5 in my 50 book challenge and book 4 in my vampire challenge)


Book 5 in my 50 book challenge was Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-ready.

Wicked Game had me pulled in from the first chapter. The main character Ciara is looking for an internship for her school. She finds an internship at Radio station WVMP. There she meets a group of Djs like no others. each DJ is dressed in period clothing that matches the music they play. Odd? Ciara thinks so. She is also given a manual to read on her first night to help familiarize herself with the station and also give her information about the DJs. What she doesn't realize is that like herself they have something to hide.

Ciara reads the pamphlets given to her and read that the DJs all play the music from the time that they were turned to a vampire. As the story progresses we see that the DJs need to fight to keep their radio station. This is where Ciara comes in. she develops a marketing plan to play on the truth of the DJs which to the world will not be believed. She lets people know the DJs are vampires and that is why they know so much about the music that they play.

Along with the fight to keep the radio station Ciara falls in love is reunited with her father and is kept hostage by another group of vampires.

What happens in the end? Well that is something you can find out reading the book. I don't want to give the whole story away. =)

No comments: